Easily integrate your current in-house PBX or third-party platform (example: MS Teams) with your AVOXI Genius online platform and instantly enable outbound calling to any destination worldwide. Available to all AVOXI Genius users at a monthly recurring charge of $19.99, SIP Trunking is a popular solution for businesses looking to cut local and long-distance calling costs without replacing an existing system.
Viewing SIP Trunk(s)
- To get started, log into the AVOXI Genius platform at https://genius.avoxi.com
- Select the "SIP Trunks" section on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click the "SIP Trunks" tab located next to SIP URI's
On the SIP Trunks home screen, you can view the following:
- Trunks: A list of all your existing trunks that you can manage or delete.
- Authentication: Authentication type and information of configured trunks
- Direction: The direction of the Trunk, i.e., "Termination."
- Outbound Rates: All new Sip Trunks configured via the AVOXI online platform will be billed the monthly recurring charge of $19.99. Outbound calls will be charged per minute for usage according to your outbound rates. Use the link to download and view the application rates.
Adding a SIP Trunk
Use the below step-by-step guide to add and configure your SIP Trunks
- To get started, navigate to the SIP Trunk section on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select the "SIP Trunks" tab
- Click the "Add SIP Trunk" button
Name your SIP Trunk
Give your SIP Trunk a friendly name using letters, spaces, and numbers. This name will appear under the "Usage" section in your monthly invoice's "Account ID" column.
- Special characters are not accepted.
- Max name length allowed length is 116 characters
Select how you would like to terminate your outgoing traffic (for example, to MS Teams or Regular SIP Trunk).
- Enter your Username and Password
- Ensure that the username matches the From or To header users.
- Enter one or more required IP Addresses (es)
- If this is a shared platform, please provide additional information for authentication, such as the SIP Header or username/secret on top of the IP address.
Not everyone can support Basic Authentication from a shared platform. If that's the case, you can use SIP Header Authentication. This means you can add a special header and value to the message to prove the message is yours.
- Header Name: Add a special header name for the SIP invite
- Header Value: Add the special header value for the SIP invite
- Protocol: Select your ideal transport protocol
SIP Invite Message Examples: Consider the following SIP message as an example
INVITE sip:+email@example.com SIP/2.0
CSEQ: 1 INVITE
From: “Alice” <sip:+ firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: Bob <sip:+email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:58:47 GMT
P-Asserted-Identity: “Alice” <sip:+firstname.lastname@example.org>
Contact: “+14049375037” <sip:+email@example.com;transport=udp>
User-Agent: Awesome Customer PB
- INVITE sip:+firstname.lastname@example.org SIP/2.0
Header Authentication: Below is a list of headers, and we do not check for header authentication
When ready, select the "Add New SIP Trunk" button to complete.
Now that you have added your SIP Trunk(s) to your AVOXI Genius account, it is important to configure it on your communications infrastructure/platform.
We have Genius POPs in the US Hong Kong, Australia, Brazil, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom. Here are the DNS Hostnames along w/ IP Addresses.
- DNS Hostname: trunk-production-us1.avoxi.com
- IP Addresses: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Hong Kong POP:
- DNS Hostname: trunk-production-hk1.avoxi.com
- IP Addresses: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- DNS Hostname: trunk-production-au1.avoxi.com
- IP Addresses: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- DNS Hostname: trunk-production-br1.avoxi.com
- IP Addresses: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Middle East POP:
- DNS Hostname: trunk-production-me1.avoxi.com
- IP Addresses: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
The United Kingdom POP:
- DNS Hostname: trunk-production-uk1.avoxi.com
- IP Addresses: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
AVOXI supports UDP, TCP, and TLS(SRTP) version 1.2+ (follow here to learn more). Open the following ports to ensure proper connectivity:
- 5060 UDP
- 5060 TCP
- 5061 TLS
AVOXI supports the below Codecs
RTP port range for AVOXI Genius
- Port 10000-65535 UDP for both US and Hong Kong Media.
- If configured, both TLS and SRTP encrypt calls between you and AVOXI. TLS/SRTP can be used for both inbound and outbound voice services (Originating and Terminating).
- As an AVOXI Administrator, you must download and manually load the certificate during the configuration process to ensure the TLS connection is made (example sip.avoxi.com:5061).
- Whitelist IP - Media
Configuring Third-Party Platforms
Use the below quick links to view the relevant configuration guide:
Downloading SIP URI TLS Certificate
Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates, also known as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), work the same as HTTPS and are crucial for securing internet browser connections through data encryptions. Like HTTPS, the secure web certificate is sent when a browser tries to connect using TLS. You can configure and manage the TLS/SRTP within your AVOXI Genius portal as a customer. Certificates are used for authentication and encryption.
An SSL (TLS) certificate for trunk-production-us1.avoxi.com is used for calls from the user to the AVOXI Genius platform and peer.avoxi.io for calls leaving AVOXI Genius. As an AVOXI Administrator, you must manually load the certificate during the configuration process to ensure the TLS connection is made (example sip.avoxi.com:5061).
Download the required certificate file from your AVOXI online application using the following steps.
- Log into Genius at genius.avoxi.com.
- Navigate to the SIP Trunks section located on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the SIP URIs tab.
- Select the three buttons located to the right of the "+Add" button
- Click on the "Download SIP URI TLS Certificate."
Calls will only record if the call recording feature has been enabled at an organizational level. As an Administrator, you can easily manage your business call recording settings within your online platform. Use the following self-help guide to turn your recording on/off and manage retention settings. When deleting a SIP Trunk, this will not delete the call recordings.
View the Beginner's Guide to SIP Trunking and SBC Solutions to learn more about SIP Trunking.