Number porting, also known as number transfer, is a system that allows end-users to keep their existing virtual number while switching from one provider to another. Using our Number Portability Tester, AVOXI customers can instantly test number portability on up to 10 numbers at once, review requirements, and submit required documentation via their AVOXI online platform. Available to all AVOXI users at no additional cost, this powerful tool allows businesses to bring all their numbers to one provider, reducing the disruptive process of changing numbers.
Testing Number Portability
- Select the "Numbers" section in the left-side navigation bar to start.
- This will redirect you to your organization's "Number Dashboard."
- On the "Active Numbers" tab, located at the top, click the "Port Request" button.
- Select a country for the numbers you wish to port to AVOXI (this field does not require the area code but will still work if one is entered).
- Then, manually enter or copy and paste up to 10 phone numbers, separated by line breaks to test portability (these need to be based on the selected country.
- When ready, click the "Check Portability" button.
- Tip: Don't see your country of choice. Please complete our short porting form, and a porting expert will reach out to your shortly.
- On the Porting Request results dashboard, you can easily view which numbers are portable and those that require further processing.
Porting status and meanings:
- Portable: These numbers are portable and reflect a detailed list of required porting documents for each number.
- Processing Required: We recognize these numbers but are currently unable to port. Therefore, please proceed with the request process, and one of our porting experts will reach out to you with an estimated porting timeline and further details.
- Not Portable: Sorry, your number is not available for porting; please email email@example.com
- Invalid Number: We do not recognize these numbers; please use the "Back" button and reenter the number..
- Using the checkbox, select all numbers you wish to port.
- Select the "Continue" button to review your selection.
- When ready, you can choose "Continue."
- You can now review your port submission; select the "Back" button to make a change. If you are happy to proceed, select the "Submit Port Request."
- Your request is currently being processed.
- You will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the status and next steps for your request.
- Your dedicated Account Manager will be in touch soon; in the meantime, check out our inventory of global virtual numbers from 170+ countries.
- To submit requests for additional countries, repeat the above steps.
Your Account Manager will contact you and assist with a number and package selection. Please note you can also use the "Port your Products" available in your online cart once you know which numbers are portable. After the purchase is complete, these numbers will reflect on the Order Status page of your AVOXI online portal, where the required documentation can be uploaded. A reminder to view the tooltips for documentation links.
Learn more about number transfer requirements, lead times, how porting works, and what documentation is required in our informative guide on Porting Existing Numbers to AVOXI.