SMS forwarding, also known as Business Texting, can be activated on any US/Canada toll free number and sends incoming text messages to any email address. The response will be sent to the recipient as an SMS. New SMS Messages are automatically forwarded to the default email address associated with your account. Modify this at any time via your AVOXI online platform.
- To get started, log into your account.
- Select the "Numbers" section located on the left-hand sidebar
- On the "Numbers page," select the phone line/number on which you wish to update the SMS forwarding email address
- Genius Tip: Look for the "SMS" icon located under the "Services Enabled" column to the left of your number to ensure SMS is enabled on the number.
- Next, select the "Messaging" tab located on the top right-hand corner of the numbers configuration page.
- On the "Configuration" tab, update the forwarding email address.
- Note: Ensure there are no spaces before or after the email address.
- On completion, click the "Save" button.