AVOXI is legally required to validate our end customers' street addresses if they consume AVOXI's services in a country where we must assess and collect taxes. However, as of October 2019, a verified street address is required only for US customers.
Each jurisdiction may categorize AVOXI's products differently and can have different regulations on what products and services are subject to sales and indirect tax. For example, in the US, taxes may be assessed at the State, County, and Municipal jurisdictional levels. Alternatively, in Belgium, tariffs are the same for any state or city. Since the taxable products and rates vary from place to place, we require customers to provide their service address within their AVOXI online platform. This information will then sync back to our Billing System, which will calculate the correct tax.
Billing Address vs. Service Address
The service address differs from the billing address as follows:
- The Billing address is the address connected to the customer's payment method.
- A Service address is the street address where AVOXI products are consumed.
Service and Billing addresses may be the same but different if the Billing address is the head office and the Service address is a branch.
Updating your Company Service Address
As a Genius Admin/ Billing Admin, you can easily update your organization's Service address at any time via your Genius User Interface.
- Select the "Home" section on the left-hand navigation bar to get started.
- Click the "Company Account" tab.
- Here you will be able to update the Service Address details.
- Select "Save" to confirm your changes.