The outbound caller ID feature displays a specific phone number to a call recipient. There are several ways to access and update the outbound caller ID.
- As an agent, you can choose your default outbound caller ID in your "Users" page under Accounts and Preferences -> My Account -> Overview.
- All available numbers to use will be in the dropdown labeled 'OUTBOUND CALLER ID.'
- The number selected in this field will be the default phone number displayed to the person you call.
In addition, you can select your outbound caller ID directly on the webphone before making a call.
- The number displayed in the dropdown located under the field you enter the number you are dialing is the current default outbound caller ID.
- If this number is not changed, it will be displayed to the person you call.
- Selecting a different number from this dropdown will update the outbound caller ID to the number chosen for that particular call and display it to the person you are calling.
Once the call is over, the outbound caller ID will be updated to the default outbound caller ID.
- You can also update the default outbound caller ID from the webphone by clicking the menu icon next to the number and selecting 'Set as my Default.'
- This will also update the outbound caller ID field on your "Users" page, so the default outbound caller ID number is aligned across your profile.
- By default, the available numbers for the outbound caller ID are the Company Default outbound caller ID. and any number assigned to a specific user.
- An administrator can make additional numbers available for the outbound caller ID by adding them to the Queue Settings for any queue an agent is a member of.
- For more details on the Company Default outbound caller ID, see Company Default outbound caller ID.