Transfer - Port existing numbers to AVOXI
Number porting, also known as number transfer, is a system that allows the end-users to keep their existing virtual number while switching from one provider to another.
Number Transfer Requirements
Before you start the number transfer processes, we recommend you read over your existing contract and confirm a few important items.
- Does your existing provider charge early cancellation fees? If so, how much?
- Is your account in good standing order, or do you have outstanding balances?
- What special features are active on your toll free number, and how do you go about de-activating them?
- Does your new provider offer the same features and are these automatically activated upon transfer?
Required Documentation and Information
Once you are ready to start the virtual number transfer process, the next step is to get your number “released” from your existing provider. To do this, the following documentation is required:
- A completed Letter of Authorization (LOA) form obtained from your new provider.
- Customer's main contact on the losing provider's account.
- Customer's Account Number, the Losing Provider's details (Company Name and Provisioning Contact).
- The number we are porting.
- A copy of your latest invoice.
How Long Does It Take to Transfer a Virtual Number
Number transfer timeframes vary based on country and number type, but are typical as follows:
- USA 800 Toll Free Virtual Number: 3 to 7 days
- International Toll Free Virtual Number: approximately 30 business days
- United States Local Virtual Number (DID/DDI): 1 to 3 weeks
- International Local Virtual Number (DID/DDI): 7 to 14 business days
For further information on country-specific number porting regulations, view our International Phone Number Portability Guide.
Give feedback about this article