Setup Call Forwarding" on an AVOXI number
Use the below guide to set up your Call Forwarding feature to route incoming calls to an external number or SIP address:
Forward calls to an External Number
Call Forwarding to PSTN (Public Switch Telephone Network) allows you to redirect/forward calls to your DID numbers to your landline or mobile number.
Forward to a SIP Address
If you are forwarding calls to a SIP address, add the SIP address in the SIP URI space provided. Leave protocol set as UDP as most PBX's make use of this protocol. (view our article on when to set calls to TPC).
Setting the Call Timeout
- Using the drop-down bar Select how you would like to see incoming calls displayed
Time of Day Routing (Active Times)
To route calls based on time of day follow the below step by step guide:
- Select the +Add Active Time option on the call forwarding rule you wish to configure.
- Select the month, date, or day of the week you wish the rule to be active in the popup window that appears. (Select Always for all days and times).
- If set to Always, calls will forward to this destination 24/7.
- TIP: We recommend aligning your rules with your business or department hours.
- Select Active on the drop-down bar to activate the rule.
- Click the Save button to confirm your changes.
Set Core Call forwarding to Genius
Once you have an account in Genius and your numbers have been created in Genius, you can route your call traffic to a specific number to redirect from AVOXI CORE to Genius:
- To get started, log in to your AVOXI Core account.
- Then click on the "My Numbers" tab located on the top of your screen.
- Next, select the number you wish to update your call forwarding settings.
- On the number Dashboard. Click on the Call Forwarding tab.
- Next, click on the Add Genius Forwarding blue-colored tab
- The "Genius Call Forwarding" rule will be the first on the list.
- Scroll down the page and click the "SAVE" button located on the right-hand side.
- Calls are now forwarding successfully to Genius.
- Use the following guide to update your call forwarding in Genius.